Here it is, guys, Annabelle Blume’s newest story:
The Hearts Aflame Files
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Release Date: January 15, 2014
Description: Hannah Sullivan has spent the past three months stalking her ex-boyfriend, lurking in the bushes and hiding behind fake social media personas, convinced she can eventually rekindle the love they once shared. But when she meets Marc, who is everything James never wanted to be and more, she begins to wonder if she’s got it all wrong.
Hannah must come to terms with her own demons before she can decipher between her delusional mission and the man of her dreams.
** ARCs now available — Please email email@example.com for details.
Sounds like a great read, right? So, when we asked Annabelle, “Hey, why the heck should I read this new genre?” she gave us her Top Ten Reasons to Love New Adult … and here are her answers:
1. All the feels of YA plus the swearing and sexiness of adult lit.
2. Stories of transformation are my weakness–– and my specialty.
3. Remember how hot the guys were in college? Yeah that.
4. If they make a movie out of your favorite book, no one will call you a pervert for drooling over the hero.
5. Kissing, kissing, and more kissing.
6. You’re totally ahead of the trend because the woman next door just asked if you’ve heard of that book Fifty Shades of Grey.
7. The covers are intriguing, adorable, or straight up hot.
8. You aren’t wondering if their parents know where they are every time something crazy happens.
9. You like your stories with a heavy dose of life lessons.
10. Most of the time, you feel like you’re still trying to figure out this grown up thing, too.
And there you have it, my friends. Ms. Blume’s top ten reasons to love, read, or write New Adult. Thanks so much for the list, Annabelle. It’s easy to see why this genre has become so popular so fast.
What do you all think?
Want to know more? Well, here you go!
Annabelle is a best selling Romance and New Adult author, that is, when she’s not checking homework or begrudgingly cooking dinner. Wife, mother, and creator of alternate worlds, Annabelle has a penchant for that which is outside the norm. Her degree in Sociology has given her the ability to construct worlds that exist only in her head and translate them passionately to the page. The time spent studying individuals, interpersonal relationships, and particularly, women, within the constraints of our society led to Annabelle’s unabashed ability to talk about sex as it fits into our modern lives. She’s also the author/personality of The Bombshell Mommy at Vitacost.com where she helps modern Bombshells and their families live “green”.